Monday, September 17, 2012

Read all the comics!


In April, when I first started blogging and drawing comics, I showed the first couple to my father-in-law to see how he would react. This is what he looked like:



That is his happy face. Deep, deep down, I'm pretty sure he thinks the comics are hilarious. But after all of these months, I'm still laboring to craft the best comic in the world that will force him to crack a smile. He's a tough cookie. And he thinks I should get a real job.

Luckily, I have my daughter Addison to keep my spirits buoyed. When I show her a comic, she's all:
Anyway, it's pretty clear that if you're two years old (or have the mental agility of a two-year-old), these comics are pretty awesome. And if you're an old Debbie Downer on your mushy insides, and you think grown men shouldn't be spending time drawing incredibly artful and hilarious pictures of Ebola Bunnies, then maybe you should move on and go to your "real" job in the boring "real world" and make some "real money." No, seriously. Because these comics aren't going to pay for themselves. Thanks, Steve, for providing a place for us to live. And I'm going to keep trying to come up with a comic that makes your mouth twitch, even a little bit, at the corner.

So, this is all to say that I've been uploading the comics to the Raised by my daughter Facebook page, and you can click through them there without having to wade through all the pesky words here on my blog. I'm still updating the album, but most of them have been uploaded, and now you can "like" them and even share them with your friends. Like Valentine's cards with poop as the central subject matter! Awesome!

Thanks, in advance, to my wife for having the courage to "like" the ones that no one else will (or should).