Thursday, May 17, 2012

How to work a carseat

Today my wife and my mother-in-law and my daughter went to Disneyland. They wanted me to pick up Addison at 6:30 PM in a different car, using a different car seat, while they caught a late show. No problem, right? Until you pull the seat out and it tries to strangle you with an insane collection of belts, buckles, and hooks.

No children were hurt in the making of this cartoon
Seriously, there is some scary, confusing hardware attached to these things. I wonder if I drove up to a fire station with Addison attached to the roof, and said, "Did I do it right?" if they'd put it into the car the right way before punching me in the eye and calling the cops. 'Cause maybe that would be easier than figuring it out myself.

I figured it out. I didn't put Addison on the roof. I just thought about it on the twenty-minute ride back while she was screeching like a howler monkey.